Charity shops

Welcome back. As many of you on my Instagram know, I find a lot of my bargains for our home in charity shops. I have always loved having a good old rummage in them, you never know what you are going to find and it's great to help towards a good cause.

The first thing to remember, as mentioned in my previous post, is to try and visualise potential items in a different environment. Charity shops are full of lots of eclectic things and they may not look anything special until you get them home! Here is a vintage jug that I picked up last week for just £1.99. It looks totally different when I have dressed it amongst our things:

 



I know some of you think I find things all of the time, but it's because I actually visit charity shops every single day! Most days I find nothing but you know what they say: one man's trash is another man's treasure! Do you have charity shops near your place of work? If you do then try to visit them as often as you can on your lunch break. The more you visit the more likely you are to find something you are looking for. Almost all of the furniture and pieces in our home are from charity shops. 

If you can, build a relationship with the volunteers, let them know that you are local and trying to do your home on a budget. They will probably be more than happy to put things aside for you when they come in. A lovely lady in one of the shops I visit keeps anything from The White Company for me because she knows I'll want it! Whether you have charity shops near your work or in your local town, visit as often as you can.

I am quite fortunate because in Brighton as there are lots of people who want to give to charity shops or leave things by bins. Yet my mum lives in Cornwall and she also finds amazing things - I think I must get it from her!  She is always on the hunt for a bargain. 

I hope this helps and I look forward to sharing more ways to have a vision on a budget next time. 


Comments